We now have job openings for the following positions. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description Summary:
The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors, and supervises Plowshares staff. The Executive Director coordinates activities to accomplish goals, objectives, and policies as determined by the Board. Key responsibilities include: provide on-site supervision and administrative support of daily operations; pursue funding in accordance with agency goals established by the Board; oversee financial operations and record-keeping; attend monthly Board meetings and committee meetings; represent Plowshares in the community at large; and act as a liaison to other human service agencies. The Executive Director is expected to embrace the tenets of Plowshares’ mission and philosophy, upholding these guidelines and rules of conduct for staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Familiarity and agreement with Plowshares’ mission.
- Willingness to work with guests in poverty and crisis.
- Ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere among staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Three years’ experience in management of social services programs or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability in grant writing, fund raising, administration, and organization.
- Understanding of general accounting and budget procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing programs.
- Board of Directors Support and Liaison:
- Assure that Plowshares’ mission and Board policies and directives are carried out.
- Participate in annual strategic planning retreat, and assure plan is fulfilled.
- Provide support to Board, including agenda and monthly financial and Executive Director’s reports.
- Assure Board minutes are taken and distributed with reports, agenda, and other enclosures.
- Make recommendations to Board re: changes in salary schedule and personnel structure.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board.
- Public Relations/Community Liaison:
- Assure that public relations plan is carried out per Board directive.
- Produce, publish, and mail monthly newsletters and annual Winter Appeal; keep mailing list updated.
- Write and distribute press releases and letters to editors as appropriate.
- Enforce Good Neighbor Policy with County, City, and neighbors; report incidents to Board.
- Actively network and collaborate with other human service agencies.
- Make presentations to service clubs, committees, and agencies.
- Participate locally in public policy concerning poverty related issues.
- Guest Interaction/Program Support:
- Oversee Daily operations of Plowshares Dining Room and Personal Care Center.
- Be available to guests for special requests and complaints.
- Assure supplies and inventory are maintained and recorded; assure efficient use of resources.
- Oversee maintenance of building and grounds; assure facilities are safe, clean, and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Monitor needs and assure adequate insurance coverage for building, volunteers, and Directors and Officers.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate, and terminate staff.
- Develop and implement staff training and procedures; hold regular staff meetings.
- Maintain employee files and efficient staff and volunteer work schedules.
- Resolve conflicts among staff, volunteers, and guests as needed.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, training, and retention; organize annual volunteer recognition event.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- Assure annual fund raising strategy is carried out and support Board fund raising activities.
- Participate in creating and monitoring annual agency budget.
- Approve expenditures within the budget and report budget variations to the Board; secure Board review and approval for expenditures that exceed total budget parameters by $1,500.00.
- Make recommendations to Board for any capital expenditures exceeding $1,500.00.
- Oversee bookkeeping, financial operations, record keeping, payroll, and tax returns.
- Actively pursue funding sources; develop grants; assure compliance with grantors.
The position of Executive Director is an exempt position with health insurance, vacation, and sick leave benefits. Employment is at will. Plowshares is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is $55,000 – $60,000 depending on qualifications.
View Job Description HERE.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or come by Plowshares to fill out or drop off a Job Application and deliver your resume and cover letter in person at 1346 S. State St. Ukiah CA 95482. This job closes on March 10th.
Plowshares, a local non-profit Community Dining Room and Meals on Wheels Provider, feeding the hungry in the community of Ukiah, is seeking an Evening Supervisor. 7 hours/day, 11:30 – 7:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch, Monday – Friday. $13.00 – $15.00/hr depending on experience. Generous benefits package.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Provide on-site supervision and administrative support of evening operations
Preparing for the evening meal and the following day’s Meals on Wheels deliveries
Recruiting and confirming participation of evening shift volunteers
Making sure evening volunteers are oriented and trained
Assist with maintenance of building, grounds, and garden
Responsible for the Personal Care Office and the Mail Service
Making sure all food is put away, shelfs stocked and kitchen cleaned
Security during lunch and dinner meals
Making sure at the end of the evening meal the dining room, kitchen, and bathrooms are cleaned and secured
Must be able to lift up to 60lbs
Ability to treat a diverse section of people with dignity and respect
Ability to keep information confidential
Ability to be flexible with hours when needed
Ability to diffuse conflict situations
Valid CA Driver’s License
Pass a drug and alcohol test
We have a small but dedicated group of staff members who work as a team to provide a much needed service to our community.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or come by Plowshares to fill out or drop off a Job Application and deliver your resume and cover letter in person at 1346 S. State St. Ukiah CA 95482