We now have job openings for the following position. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Plowshares, a local non-profit Community Dining Room and Meals on Wheels Provider, feeding the hungry in the community of Ukiah, is seeking an Evening Supervisor. 7 hours/day, 11:30 – 7:00 pm with a 30 minute lunch, Monday – Friday. $13.00 – $15.00/hr depending on experience. Generous benefits package.
Job Description Summary:
The Evening Supervisor supervises Plowshares staff during afternoon and evening operations and is responsible to the Operations Manager. The Evening Supervisor coordinates activities to accomplish goals, objectives, and policies as determined by the Executive Director and the Board. Key responsibilities include: providing on-site supervision and administrative support of evening operations; pursuing funding by participating in Special Events in accordance with agency goals as established by the board; preparing for the evening meal and the following day’s Meals on Wheels deliveries; recruiting and confirming participation of evening shift volunteers. Making sure evening volunteers are oriented, trained and have read the Volunteer Handbook. Also taking responsibility for the Personal Care Office and Mail Service. Assuring that visits from partner agencies are coordinated and running smoothly.
The Evening Supervisor is expected to embrace the tenets of Plowshares’ mission and philosophy and to uphold the rules and guidelines of conduct for staff, volunteers, and guests.
- Familiarity and agreement with Plowshares’ mission
- Willingness to work with guests in poverty, crisis, the mentally ill and the developmentally disabled
- Ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere among staff, volunteers, and guests
- One year of experience (or equivalent) in management of social services programs desired
- Administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to perform general mathematics and adhere to budget procedures
- Oral and written communications skills
- Experience with word-processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail desired
- Ability to be flexible with hours when needed
- Ability to diffuse conflict situations
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Valid California Driver’s License and clean DMV report
- Be willing to submit and pass random drug and alcohol tests
- Provide support to Operations Manager in all functions
- Basic office functions
- Recruiting and confirming participation of evening shift volunteers
- Assist the Executive Director with other duties as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Guest Interaction/Program Support:
- Enforce Good Neighbor Policy with county, city, neighbors, guests, staff, and volunteers
- Report incidents to Operations Manager, Executive Director, and Safety Committee
- Assist Operations Manager with daily operations of Plowshares’ Dining Room and Personal Care Center
- Be available to guests, staff and volunteers for special requests, complaints, solving operational difficulties
- Preparing for the evening meal and the following day’s Meals on Wheels deliveries
- Security during lunch and dinner meals
- Making sure evening volunteers are oriented and trained
- Making sure all food is put away, shelfs stocked and kitchen cleaned
- Provide on-site supervision and administrative support of evening operations
- Making sure at the end of the evening meal the dining room, kitchen, and bathrooms are cleaned and secured
- Responsible for the Personal Care Office and the Mail Service
- Assist with maintenance of building, grounds, and garden
- Assure that facilities are safe, clean and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations
We have a small but dedicated group of staff members who work as a team to provide a much needed service to our community.
Download an application HERE.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or come by Plowshares to fill out or drop off a Job Application and deliver your resume and cover letter in person at 1346 S. State St. Ukiah CA 95482